Coonoor at a glance;
Coonoor offers a calm area to live away from the hustle of a crowded tourist place nearby, Ooty. So it has always been a choice for those who retire or prefer to have a calm area for a second home.
A real estate investment in Coonoor can be rewarding, because;
1. It’s proximity to larger cities like Coimbatore, b,lore, Chennai, Mysore and Kochi.
- Ooty – 20 kms
- Coimbatore (Nearest airport) – 68 km.
- Bangalore – 285 kms
- Kochi – 256 kms
- Mysore – 144 kms
- Chennai – 529 kms
2. Schools and colleges – Schools and colleges of Nilgiris are in Coonoor too.
- Providence College for Women
- Riga College of Hotel Management
- M R S Technical Institute
- St.Joseph’s College
There are many schools in Coonoor as well which are a major contributor to the local economy. Here are some major schools;
- Mountain Home High School And Junior College
- St.Joseph’s Convent Anglo Indian Girl’s Higher Secondary School
- St.Antony’s Matric Higher Secondary School
- Army Public School
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Wellington.
- Stanes Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School.
3. The climate – Coonoor shares the climatical conditions of Ooty.
The climate in Coonoor is more or less the same as Ooty and it’s often colder than Ooty.
4. It too boasts a great culture.
- Coonoor also hosts an Indian army base and the area is clean.
- There are a large number of historically important places in Coonoor as well.
- Many inhabitants are retirees.
- Coonoor is largely calm and gets busy with tourists mainly in summer.
5. Crime Rates – Coonoor in Nilgiris enjoys one of the lowest crime rates in India.
6. Some of the major local attractions are
- Sim’s Park
- Pomological Station
- Dolphin’s Nose Viewpoint
- Lamb’s Rock
- Droog Fort – Ruins of a fort used by Tipu Sultan.
- Law’s Falls
- Katary Falls
- Pasteur Institute
7. Real estate
- Independent Villas/ Bungalows
- Small Residential plots
- Villas in Gated communities
- Agricultural land
If you are out in search of a second home as an investment, Coonoor is a great option with potential to offer you great returns on your investments and if you are looking for a calm retired life or a second home for vacations, it suits your preferences too.
- Why A Second Home in Ooty is Fascinating? Top 8 Recreational Activities in Ooty. August 21, 2013
- Where Should You Buy Your Second Home, Ooty or Coonoor? August 20, 2013
- 10 Questions To Ask Yourself Before Buying A Second Home in Ooty? August 20, 2013
- 9 Reasons To Own A Second Home In Ooty August 20, 2013
- What Makes Real Estate in Nilgiris Evergreen or Is It Just A Buzz? August 14, 2013